The wood industry comes from a long tradition of enthusiasts that were indulged by the variety of raw material that could be transformed to any product imaginable. The abundance of diversity across one industry makes it important to work with a workers’ compensation carrier that has long history of specializing in this industry. SIU has partnered with nation’s top wood product carriers to offer workers’ compensation coverage for the wood product industry.
Our carriers provide exceptional claims service, safety training and risk control services in order to control cost and help prevent future injuries. This is one product you want to make sure you have the right partner to ensure the safety of all the insured’s employees.
Wood Products Target Classes:
- 2710 : Sawmill
- 2714 : Veneer Manufacturing
- 2731 : Planing or Molding Mill
- 2735 : Furniture Stock Mfg.
- 2759 : Pallet Manufacturing
- 2790 : Pattern Manufacturing
- 2797 : Mobile Home or Trailer Mfg.
- 2802 : Carpentry – Shop Only & Drivers
- 2841 : Wooden Manufacturing
- 2881 : Furniture Mfg. and Cabinet Shop
- 2883 : Cabinet Shop and Furniture Mfg. – Wood
- 2915 : Veneer Products Mfg.— Including Veneer Mfg.
- 2916 : Veneer Products Mfg.— Excluding Veneer Mfg.
- 2960 : Tie Post or Pole Yard 4206 Pulp Mfg.– Ground Wood Process
- 4207 : Pulp Mfg. Chemical Process
- 4239 : Particle Board,/Chip Board Mfg.
- 8232 : Lumberyard – New Materials
Don’t lose out on accounts due to incomplete submissions. Follow the check list below to make sure you are providing your insured with the best possible outcome.
- Check Program Submission Requirements
- Make sure all documents are up to date
- If the insured has any large losses, send in details regarding the loss
- Description of Operations – The better you explain the operations, the better we are able to place the account with the right carrier
Additional Coverages Need? Visit our other lines
- Program Size: $5K Minimum
- Appetite: Sawmill, Veneer MFG, Planing or Molding Mill, Furniture Stock Mfg, Pallet Mfg, Pattern Mfg, Mobile Home or Trailer Mfg, Carpentry Shop, Wooden Mfg, Furniture Mfg, Tie Post or Pole Yard, Particle Board, Lumberyard – New Materials
- Submission Requirements: Acord 130, Supplemental, Up to 5 year loss runs, Experience Mod
- Program Highlights: Cutting-Edge Claims Management, Guaranteed Cost Programs, Safety Training